After learning about what chakras are and where are located, their connection with our body organs, nadis and grantis we are left with wonder:
What can we do to help healing, aligning, balancing these chakras?
We are embarking now in an adventure to learn how we can aid to the healing/balancing of chakras with everyday things:
Things to do, things to eat, things to wear, things to smell, things to reflect upon, mantras to sing and kriyas to practice.
First, I would like to start with a comment on how you feel when your root chakra is not balanced or harmonized.
If your root chakra is not balanced, you will likely feel:
- Lack of connection to people, friends, family
- Not supported, insecure, not grounded, fearful, anxious
- Lack of self confidence
- Lack of will power
- Lack of the “can do” force
What you do to balance/harmonize the root chakra Muladhara?
In everyday life:
- Simple things like enjoying a relaxing meal with friends or family.
- Being grateful for the things you already have, including family, friends.
- Practice sports.
- Take a walk in Nature (preferably barefoot, if possible).
- Work in the garden.
- Dance to the rhythm of music: drumming.
- Wear red clothes, red gems, or objects
- Surround yourself with flowers.
Burning incense is an important part of almost all the major religions of the world. Burning incense has become a key part of aromatherapy.
The following herbs and aromas support the root chakra Muladhara: cloves, rosemary, ginger, Vetiveria zizanoides, cedar, cypress.
Nourish yourself with earthy veggies:
Since the deficiency in Root Chakra is caused due to less interaction with the earth, whether directly or indirectly. You can add some earthly delights to balance your first wheel.
Add to your diet foods that are green and root vegetables and start over a restoration chapter. Some of the vegetables are:
In the yoga:
Sing the mantra OE. Practice standing posture (grounding), bending over. All you can think that influences feet, knees, legs, pelvis, lower back, and tailbone. Practice Sat kriya.
How do we feel when our chakra Muladhara is aligned?
- Insecurities start to vanish
- A sense of braveness and self confidence.
- We feel closer (even when geographically apart) to friends and family.
- A more satisfying life and sex life.
- Adrenal glands are less stressed.
- Digestive system improves, no digestive issues.
- Less susceptible to unhealthy addictions.
- Awareness of our right to exist and accept our body in the physical world
- A feeling of a well-founded and balanced life.
- Perseverance even under unfavorable conditions and situations.
- Ability to accept the necessary and respond in the right way according to the situation.
- Value people more than things/possessions.
- Your basic needs are fulfilled, and your material basis are guaranteed.
In our next post we will be sharing some recipes that incorporate foods that are known to aid heal this chakra. Stay tuned!